- Hemp oil is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which the body needs yet cannot make on its own, therefore relying on an external source for absorption. Omega-3s reduce blood clotting in the arteries and improve your cholesterol levels as well. A diet rich in essential fatty acids can make a world of difference in your heart's health and drastically reduce heart-attack risks and cardiovascular diseases.
Cancer Prevention and Treatment
- Hemp oil contains small amounts of THC, the chemical compound found in marijuana. In large amounts, THC has a mind-altering effect, but in small amounts it keeps your mind clear and may be good for cancer treatment and prevention. Hemp oil has proved effective in alleviating chemotherapy symptoms in cancer patients. It deals effectively with the nausea and light-headedness. A 2007 Harvard Medical School study shows that using THC actually cut the size of a tumor from lung cancer in half. It also prevented the spread of cancer cells to other parts of the body. The American Association for Cancer Research also states that in recent studies THC levels were responsible for inhibiting brain cancer growth and development in human tumor biopsies. The future of hemp oil and cancer cures looks promising.
- Hemp oil also has an anti-inflammatory effect for people with arthritis. Arthritis is a painful malady that attacks the joints of the skeletal structure. Swelling and stiffening occur with the onset of symptoms and can range from uncomfortable to excruciating. Hemp oil, with its balance of omega-3 and omega-6 essential fatty acids, can counteract these symptoms.
- Another benefit of hemp oil is its natural ability to make skin softer. Since hemp oil cannot be absorbed through the skin, it is not recommended for use as a topical agent. Ingesting the oil is the way to clearer and softer skin. Hemp oil acts as a lubricant and helps the skin rejuvenate as it sheds dead skin cells. It works from the inside out, helping with different kinds of skin ailments such as eczema.
- Lesser-known benefits that make hemp oil all the more useful include its ability to help your fingernails grow longer and stronger and make your hair shiny and fuller. Hemp oil is also ideal for those who are vegan or vegetarian, as it is all natural and is packed with protein. As with any supplement, make sure to check with your physician before starting use.
Read more: Advantages of Hemp Oil | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5572559_advantages-hemp-oil.html#ixzz1hhGFOgRk