Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I wish our Senators would be smarter than they Are!!

Thank You For Contacting My Office
From:
Sent:
Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 11:21 am
To:
Cc:
Dear Mr. Cross:
Thank you for contacting me regarding proposals to decriminalize hemp cultivation in the United States. I appreciate having the benefit of your views on this matter.
While I recognize that hemp varieties were once common in American agriculture, and that imported hemp fiber and by-products still serve a number of legitimate commercial purposes, I share the concern of the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency that decriminalizing hemp farming could increase the incidence of illicit marijuana cultivation and complicate federal surveillance and enforcement measures. However, you may be certain that I will keep your thoughts in mind should relevant legislation be introduced during the 112th Congress.
I appreciate the opportunity to represent Texans in the United States Senate. Thank you for taking the time to contact me.
Sincerely,
JOHN CORNYN
United States Senator
517 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Tel: (202) 224-2934
Fax: (202) 228-2856
http://www.cornyn.senate.gov

No comments:

Post a Comment