Friday, August 10, 2012

Have you written your Congress Man, Hemp Farming Act!!!

Dear Mr. Cross:
Thank you for contacting me regarding H.R. 1831, the Industrial Hemp Farming Act of 2011.I appreciate hearing from you on this matter.
As you may know, Congressman Ron Paul (R – Texas) introduced H.R. 1831 on May 11, 2011. This legislation amends the Controlled Substances Act to exclude industrial hemp from the definition of marijuana. This legislation has been referred to the House Energy and Commerce Committee and the House Judiciary Committee for further consideration.
As a member of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, which has concurrent jurisdiction over H.R. 1831, you may be certain that I will keep your views in mind as we debate this important legislation.
Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me. I appreciate having the opportunity to represent you in the U.S. House of Representatives. Please feel free to visit my website (www.house.gov/burgess) or contact me with any future concerns.


Sincerely,

Michael C. Burgess, M.D.
Member of Congress

No comments:

Post a Comment