- Starts form the seed. Hemp seeds can be ground up to change their consistency but are essentially the first stage of processing.
- Hemp seeds are squeezed to extract the oil.
- The remaining material is called hemp seed cake.
- This seed cake is milled and turned into powder.
- The powder is then sifted to produce hemp flour. The product of this initial sift is hemp flour, a high fibre but lower protein material. To make hemp protein, the powder is sifted to a finer degree. This removes more of the fibre leaving a higher concentrate of protein.
Yet, unlike fish and flax oil supplements and protein powders, properly processed hempseed offers these benefits “in taste”, i.e. with a nice flavor profile.
We hope that helps clarify hemp 101!
Thanks Hempout for the Great Info!!!