Benefits of consuming hulled hemp seed:
- Excellent source of essential fatty acids including Omega 3, 6 and GLA
- Increased energy levels & metabolic rate
- Lower blood LDL cholesterol levels
- Lower blood pressure
- Improve cardiovascular circulation & function
- Improve organ function
- Improve immunity levels
- Reduce symptoms of PMS & menstrual cramps
- Mood stabilization and mood enhancement
- Reduce inflammation and the symptoms of arthritis
- Improve recovery of muscles after exercise
- Reduce & treat dry skin and hair conditions
- Reduction of many degenerative diseases through preventative measures
- Miracle Source hulled hemp seeds are Non-GMO, Gluten-free, Herbicide & Pesticide free, Peanut free, THC and Tryspin Inhibitor free, Vegetarian approved & Kosher certified.
- Our Certified Organic seeds have the highest organic certification from USDA and OCPP/Pro Cert Canada. What’s the difference between Certified Organic & Conventional hemp seed?
- Hemp seed is 33% protein
- Hemp seed is 35% essential fatty acid (Omega 3, 6, 9 and GLA)
- Contains all 11 essential amino acids
- Contains 6.2 x more Omega-3 than raw tuna
- Contains an abundant source of GLA
- Rich in trace minerals
- High in dietary fiber
Hemp seed is a beneficial and healthy food for the elderly, middle aged, teenaged, children, infant, and especially nursing mothers.
For best results consume 4 – 5 tablespoons with breakfast each morning for increased physical and mental energy that lasts all day.
One serving (4 tbsp – 42 grams) contains:
The oil contained in the hemp seed is 75-80% polyunsaturated fatty acids (the good fats) and only 9-11% of the lesser desired saturated fatty acids. Hemp seed oil is reputed to be the most unsaturated oil derived from the plant kingdom. The essential fatty acids (EFAs) contained in hemp seed oil are deemed essential because our bodies do not naturally produce them. This means that they must be obtained from the food we eat.
Most health organizations agree that the human body needs a 3 or 4:1 balance of omega 6 over omega 3. Hemp seed is the only seed where this ideal balance occurs. It does not occur in flax, almond, walnut, soybean or olive oil. Daily use of flax seed can lead to dangerous imbalances since flax seed oil has a balance of 1:4 instead of a healthy 4:1 omega-6 over omega-3.
EFAs are involved with producing life’s energy throughout the human body and without them, life is not possible. In general, North Americans have a high dietary deficiency in EFAs due to their high intake of processed foods and meats.
Extensive studies have demonstrated that many common illnesses are related to deficiencies or imbalances of specific fatty acids in the body. Symptoms are often related to a lack of Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids and their derivatives, the postaglandins.
Hemp protein is also a complete source of all 20 known amino acids including the 9 essential amino acids (EAAs) which our bodies cannot produce. Approximately 65% of the protein in hemp seed is made up of the globulin protein Edestin and is found only in hemp seed. Edestin aids digestion, is relatively phosphorus-free and considered the backbone of the cell’s DNA. The other one third of hemp seed protein is Albumin, another high quality globulin protein similar to that found in egg whites. Hemp protein is free of the tryspin inhibitors which block protein absorption and free of oligosaccharides found in soy, which cause stomach upset and gas.
It has been proven in several clinical studies that dietary supplementation with EFAs or their metabolites (such as GLA) may often prevent or even cure many forms of illness.Hemp seed also provides an excellent supply of antioxidants (Vitamin E), carotene (precursor to Vitamin A), phytosterols, phospholipids and a number of minerals including calcium, magnesium, sulfur, potassium, phosphorus, along with modest amounts of iron and zinc. Hemp seed also provides a good source of chlorophyll.
There are no known allergies to organic hemp seed, making it perfect for those who have nut, dairy, and gluten or wheat allergies.
Miracle Source hulled hemp seeds are the highest quality seeds available.
All our seeds, both conventional and certified organic are grown in Canada without the use of herbicides or pesticides. They are also Non-GMO, Gluten-free, Peanut free, THC and Tryspin Inhibitor free, Vegetarian approved and Kosher certified.